Dokumen

The Role of Hydrogen in Indonesia

The Indonesian government is investigating the use of hydrogen to help the country achieve its net-zero target by 2060 and it has enlisted the services of Ricardo to help define its strategy and put together a roadmap. The current work will provide insights on developing hydrogen-related projects based on Ricardo’s collective experience of working with the UK government on various hydrogen roll-out schemes and working on numerous private hydrogen projects and government support programmes, as well as monitoring these projects.

The Republic of Indonesia (Indonesia) is the largest country in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) by geographical area, population and gross domestic product (GDP). Over the coming three decades the population is expected to rise to 335 million people and the economy to more than triple in size with an associated tripling of primary energy use.

Indonesia has industrialised in recent times to a point where almost 100 per cent of the population has access to electricity. This led to increased demand for electricity generation that had reached
180 terrawatt hours (TWh) by 2020, according to the International Energy Agency’s data explorer.

The breakdown of electricity generation shows that most of the electricity currently comes from oil, coal and gas. Fossil fuels represent 81 per cent of all electricity generation. Renewable energy currently constitutes the remaining 19 per cent of the total electricity generated. To reach net-zero by 2060 will require a massive expansion of renewable energy.

source :

https://mentari.info/2024/03/07/the-role-of-hydrogen-in-indonesia

Konten Terkait

Back to top button